PLEASE BE CONSERVATIVE WHILE SCRAMBLING.
SCRAMBLING CAN BE DANGEROUS.
Scrambling is the middle ground between hiking and mountaineering. It offers access to incredible wilderness summits without using ropes or advanced climbing techniques. In this guide, experienced hikers and mountaineers will find a wide range of route difficulties, from trails leading to summits, to challenging snow and rock ascents. Explore the spectacular peaks of the rugged Coast Mountains of Southwest British Columbia!
• 120 route descriptions
• 320 pages
• Day trips, weekend trips and multi-day outings
• Information on 11 huts with nearby scrambles
• Detailed access descriptions, including road mileages and GPS waypoints for important junctions
• Over 240 route photos shot during ascent and from the air
• Routes near Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Gold Bridge, Chilliwack and Hope
Click here to download an excellent index of route details from
Click here to see the Table of Contents, a list of all routes in the book
Click here to see readers' comments on the scrambles guidebook
Sample route description: Tomyhoi Peak